Formostar Body Wrap Questions
The most commonly asked questions about the Formostar Body Wrap System
Q: How long does each client treatment last?
- The customer is wrapped for 50 minutes, with around 10 minute machine warm-up.
Q: What parts of the body can be targeted?
- There are six high-density silicone treatment pads providing several wrapping options. For most women, the silicone pads are wrapped around the thighs, hips, abdomen, and arms. For men, the usual configuration is thighs, abdomen, chest, and shoulders. If the shoulders don’t need much toning up, the calves can be wrapped instead. The heat to each of the silicone pads is individually controlled therefore the level can be set according to the client’s comfort level.
Q: What is the body reshaping opportunity using the Formostar?
- The answer greatly depends on the physiological make-up of each individual. Generally, the greater the excess weight being carried, the faster and more dramatic the reshaping results will be. Some people will not experience significant weight loss at all but will see improved body shaping, losing inches or dress sizes. Extremely physically fit people that don’t carry excess weight or inches can experience much improved muscle tone. Obviously, the more physically active a person is, the greater the benefits that can be achieved from Formostar. Common sense dictates that if a client is on a Formostar program and then eats or drinks excessively most of the results will be negated. Ideally, Formostar will be of most value with a balanced exercise and eating program. Clients that lead a very sedentary lifestyle can still achieve great results over a longer period assuming that they exercise adequate control over dietary and other general health factors. Experience worldwide indicates that the rule of thumb is one clothes size reduction in 6 to 10 sessions with 2 to 3 days between each session. However, as previously indicated, results will be dependent on each persons particular make up and physiology.
Q: How & why does Formostar Far Infrared Body Wrap work?
- Far infrared energy is a part of the natural light spectrum minus the UV element. The Formostar Far Infrared Body Wrap has been designed to output energy in the 5.6 to 25 micron infrared ray band also peaking around the 9.4 micron level to achieve maximum effectiveness. When Far infrared energy penetrates through the skin it transforms from light energy to heat energy and elevates the temperature of the subcutaneous layers. The body’s absorption of this energy simulates a workout, burning up to 900 to 1400 calories in a 60 minute session providing body shaping and detoxification.
Q: How often can clients repeat Formostar treatments?
- This will depend on a person’s lifestyle. If a person is very physically active undertaking significant walking, jogging, working out, or competitive sports, then Formostar treatments can be as often as every 2 days. For best results it is preferable right before a workout as this will help burn the most dramatic amount of calories and also has maximum impact on body definition. With relatively physically inactive people, a minimum of 3 days between sessions is recommended. More regular sessions are unnecessary and may actually be detrimental to results. Upon reaching the intended body shape, it is possible to revert to maintenance only schedule, which for most people, should be around 2 to 4 times a month.
Q: Can clients use multiple infrared treatments, such as Formostar and a tanning session, on the same day?
- Both the Formostar and a tanning bed give off infrared heat therefore it is possible to receive a burn or heat rash if both sessions are undertaken on the same day. It is not recommended, especially if the client is fair skinned and prone to burning. Tanning the previous or the next day should be perfectly fine.
Q: Who can use Infrared Heat?
- Virtually everyone from all walks of life can gain benefit from a Formostar Far Infrared program. However, sessions should not be undertaken unless clients have received their Doctor’s advice where any of the following conditions exist: Over activity of the thyroid gland, cardiac infarction, cardiac weakness, constriction of the coronary blood vessels, marked high or low blood pressure, diabetes requiring insulin treatment, disturbances to the function of the kidneys and associated organs, fever, severe general infection, contact allergies, skin diseases, open wounds, newly acquired shingles, pregnancy, prescribed medicines causing increased sensitivity to physical stimulation (for example antibiotics), cases of severe varicose veins. As always, if any doubt exists, it is recommended that clients seek their doctor’s or health practitioner’s advice.
Q: Should I drink water before or after a session?
- It is recommended that drinking room temperature water before, during and after a session allows the body to stay hydrated and replaces body fluids that have been sweated out during the session.
Q: Will changing dietary and health habits improve results from the Formostar Far Infrared sessions?
- Of course any diet and lifestyle improvement will be of benefit whether or not people decide to undertake a Formostar program. However, if a client has made the commitment to the Formostar program then more value will be derived from that commitment if other lifestyle improvements are also undertaken.
Q: What Is Infrared?
- Infrared is the band of light we perceive as heat. We cannot see this band of light with the naked eye, but we can feel this type of light in the form of heat. Our sun produces most of its energy output in the infrared segment of the spectrum. Infrared rays heat your body without having to heat the air in-between, through a process called conversion. The infrared is divided into 3 segments by wavelengths, measured in microns; near infrared: 0.76~1.5 microns; middle infrared: 1.5~5.6 microns; and far infrared: 5.6~1000 microns. Among these segments, only far infrared penetrates organic substances such as the human body so that the warming effect is very uniform.